New Vehicle Warranty
General motors sub-Sahara Africa as manufacturer/distributor warrants each new motor vehicles and chassis, delivered to the retail purchaser by an authorized dealer, to be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service.
The manufacturer’s obligation under this warranty is limited to repairing or replacing, at its option, any part or parts thereof which shall be found to be defective within the warranty period. The vehicle must be returned to an authorized GMSSA dealer and at which time an examination shall disclose to the dealer’s/manufacturer’s satisfaction to have been thus defective. The repair or replacement of defective parts under this warranty will be made by such dealer without charge for parts or labour.
- Has not been serviced in accordance with the maintenance service schedule as outlined in the warranty and service guide, by an authorized GMSSA dealer.
- Has been subjected to misuse, negligence, or involved in an accident, or which has been used for motor racing, drag racing, rallying or which shall have been repaired and which to the judgement of the manufacturer, such repairs will adversely affect its performance and reliability.
- Has been operated with loads in excess of the manufacturer’s recommended mass.
- Has been repaired by non GMSSA dealer/non approved GMSSA fleet operator.
- Has been altered in any way so as, in the judgement of the manufacturer, to adversely affect its performance and reliability.
- Has shown deterioration of soft trim and appearance items due to wear and tear and exposure.
- Has special bodies, body conversions, chassis conversions or equipment not approved, manufactured or supplied by GMSSA, fitted to them.
- Has been sold by a non GMSSA dealer.
- Has been modified in any way to the extent where structural, mechanical, electronic changes have taken place.
GENERAL MOTORS SUB-SAHARA AFRICA, WARRANTY POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL GLOBAL WARRANTY MANAGEMENT VERSION 1 September 2013.